Terms & Conditions
- Submitting an enrolment form does not guarantee a booking. We can only finalise a booking according to the availability of our staff.
- All participants must be added to the enrolment form to be covered by insurance.
- An adult connected to the booking must remain on the premises whilst a lesson is being conducted.
- You can cancel up to 4 hours before a lesson for weather etc but after this time it occurs the lesson fee. It is the customer’s decision as to whether to cancel or not. However if lightening is forecast lessons must be cancelled.
- Staff will endeavour to provide a make up class where possible for cancelled lessons. However if there is not a mutually convenient time a cancelled lesson will be added to the end of the block of lessons booked.
- Staff are not expected to work public holidays, however they may be happy to do so. If your booking falls on a public holidays please discuss with your staff member.
- Lessons are a minimum of 40 minutes. No refund / make up is given if the lesson is shorter.
- The teachers time starts when they are ready poolside. If you wish them to help with pool blankets or remove creepy crawlies etc then this comes out of the lesson time. Teachers often have lessons to go to after yours and therefore only have the allocated time at your house.
- Pool owners must ensure the home pool meets local council requirements before lessons can commence
- Pool owners are responsible for the safety of the pool and its surroundings. Water must be tested between 5 – 24 hours prior to a lesson to ensure water is safe for both participants and teachers.
Payment and refunds
- Lessons paid for are valid for 12 months
- Refunds are only given with medical certificates
- Payment is made according to payment policy.
- All medical, physical and intellectual conditions that may effect lessons are disclosed on the enrolment form.
- You consent to the participant(s) receiving emergency medical treatment in the event of injury or illness while participating in a Star Skills lessons and agree to cover the costs.
- Although we take all reasonable care in providing swimming lessons, you acknowledge that these activities involve inherent risks. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you and the student expressly release us and our staff from all claims and demands arising from the participation in swimming lessons under this agreement, including but not limited to personal injury or property damage or loss.